Build a great van whatever your experience!
Join Nate Murphy as he helps you save time, money and stress via the DIYHero van conversion course. It includes;
- 150+ detailed video tutorials
- The theory and the practice
- Expert help with your electrical system
- Exclusive community of like-minded people
What is included
150+ detailed tutorials
Professionally filmed and edited tutorials that teach you how to do every aspect of a van conversion.
All stages, theory & practice
From insulation to electrics, we teach you the theory, and show you how.
Diagrams & schematics
We provide you with easy-to-use detailed schematics & diagrams for all the systems
Three years access
You have access to the course for three years, easily enough for the even the most relaxed van builders
More than just a course..
Expert support for designing your electrical system
A qualified and experienced off-grid electrical engineer will help you develop an electrical system that fits your needs. This service (normally costs $120) is included in the course price.
You will receive a one-hour consultation and, within one week, we will send you complete documentation, detailing your recommended system components.
Community and support with like-minded van builders
Access to our exclusive course community where you can ask questions, access support, and get feedback, guidance, and advice - throughout the process of your build.
You will also get to know people with similar goals, be able to support each other, and eventually, meet up on-the-road for adventures!
Meet your lead instructor
I'm Nate Murphy
Over the past six years, I have converted four vans, lived in van conversions for 4 years, filmed hundreds of van tours and shared it all with millions of people. Before that, I completed a degree in Industrial Design, and worked on everything from medical devices, to climbing equipment. Recently, I completed a total renovation of an old house.
My book, The Van Conversion Guide, now in its 12 edition, has helped thousands of people to convert their vans. Unfortunately, books are limited when it comes to teaching practical skills, so it has been a long-term ambition to make a really good course, that anyone can use - from the DIY novice to those with experience.
In this course, you do not get a certificate or some letters to put after your name, instead, you get a finished van, unlimited travel, and a great tool for living an adventurous life. Not only that, but you made it!
I look forward to meeting you!Meet the team >
Build a great van whatever your experience
This course is designed to help everyone, of all levels of experience, to build with confidence. You can relax, knowing that you will be supported throughout the process - this course, and its community will be your constant companion throughout your build!
WE TEACH YOU
- How to choose and buy a van - while avoiding scams or bad vehicles (bonus eBook included)
- How to build a van that fits your needs & keeps to your budget – save $100's and build a van that does not break the bank
- How to make van ownership free – with a bit of knowledge, this is entirely possible!
- What tools you need, and how to use them - learn tips and tricks to make your build easier
- Learn every aspect of van building in a step-by-step process that anyone can follow - no matter what your level, you are covered
- Woodwork – from pre-framing to stud work to draws and cabinetry – we teach all the techniques you need to build something you are proud of!
- Gas and electric installation – hands-on tutorials for every aspect with advice for safety & insurance requirements
- How to insulate your van - learn reliable, cost-effective, and easy-to-install methods that just work
- Install windows with confidence – detailed instructions that help you cut big holes in your van and get it right, first time!
WE HELP YOU
- Create the right van for your needs - and avoid getting sucked into the vortex of complexity and cost
- Set up your project for success with workflow planning – knowing what to do, and when, is very important!
- Build a high-quality conversion - avoid the mistakes most first-time van builders make
- Design and build a van which is safe and secure – your safety, and that of your loved ones, is important!
- Avoid costly mistakes or installing things you do not need – save hundreds, maybe thousands, of dollars
- Choose which features you need and what you don’t – a full overview, saving you time and money
- Keep your project moving and stay motivated – with a community of fellow van builders all going through the same process
WE PROTECT YOUR MOST VALUABLE ASSET – YOUR TIME
- Learn fast methods to build a high-quality van - I share tips and tricks showing how I build out a high-quality van, alone, in 20 days
- Save hundreds of hours researching – cut to the chase, and do what reliably works, with detailed video tutorials to help
- Save time and stress on your electrical system design - and build a system that is safe
- We provide a one-hour 1-to-1 consultation with an off-grid electrical engineer to design the right electrical system and answer your questions (worth $120!)
- Receive full documentation detailing recommended system components
- If in the UK/US we can also supply all the right parts, cables, lugs, fuses - everything you need, at a competitive price - this will save money, in that you do not need to make multiple orders & deliveries from several suppliers. Buying lots of items from separate suppliers can easily cost $100's more.
- Please note, in general, that buying component parts from amazon/ebay can result in sub-standard or lightweight parts that add risk to your system.
What I guarantee
- A practical course that teaches the theory in a way anyone can understand - I bought and converted a van just to make this course - because of this, it is 100% focused on showing you how to build a van
- Satisfaction or your money back - our 30-day money-back guarantee means that buying the course is no risk to you
- It doesn't matter what your experience is, we have you covered - and if you know what you are doing it is easy to skip ahead
- It's not a bunch of abstract theory - it is a process, with steps to follow, that will take you from an empty shell to a finished van
- Transferable skills - what you learn will be useful for the rest of your life
- Confidence - it might not just be your van that is transformed!
- Great on any device - built for mobile, tablet or desktop
What do I get when I join the DiyHero Course?
When does the course open its doors?
At what point should I get the course?
I want to start my van later, but buy the course now
How long do I have access for?
I am from.. [America] [Europe] or [Australia].. is this course going to be good for me?
When does the course start?
What if I don't like the course?
I still have questions. How do I contact you?
If you do not find the course does what we claim within 30 days - I will give you your money back. (If you buy before the launch, your 30 days will start from the date you can access the course).
Best case, you will save time, money and stress while learning a hundred new skills and building a van you are proud of. The worst case, you tell me I suck, I return all of your money - and you get four weeks of free training. Both options are risk-free! The only thing that won’t help is not trying.
Please note: if you have used your electrical consultation during this time, the refund will be less the cost of this service ($120).